Rate & Term Refinance
- Should I refinance my home now?
- Do I need a new appraisal?
- Can I combine my existing first and second mortgages?
- Can I refinance if my home is listed for sale?
- Can I refinance if my home is currently being remodeled?
1. Should I refinance my home now?
If you decide to refinance your home, you can take advantage of any or all of the following benefits:
- Lower your monthly payments with a lower rate
- Lock in a fixed term interest rate from an adjustable rate mortgage or vice versa
- Reduce the term of your loan
- If you have made a large principal reduction, lower your monthly payments by refinancing the existing balance
- Reduce your monthly payments by eliminating the need for mortgage insurance (MI)
2. Do I need a new appraisal?
Yes. You will need a new appraisal. By Law the Lender will choose appraisal companies to complete the appraisal.
3. Can I combine my existing first and second mortgages?
Provident Funding offers you the ability to lower your overall monthly housing payment by paying off an existing first and second mortgage. To find out if your new loan will qualify as a rate and term refinance or a cash-out refinance please contact us: 1-732-823-5503.
4. Can I refinance if my home is listed for sale?
Most lenders allows you to refinance your home provided it has not been listed for sale within the last six months.
5. Can I refinance if my home is currently being remodeled?
The Lender will not be able to close your loan until your remodeling project is complete